BIND 8.4.4-REL

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Sat Jan 10 14:57:21 UTC 2004

>> We have got a BIND 8.4.4 release tarball that is in internal
>> test.  You may want to try it.  If no show stoppers are
>> found this is what we will be releasing.   Please keep this
>> private until the public announcement.
>>
>> ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/src/testing/8.4.4-REL

> 	Has anyone had a chance to try this yet or are you all BIND 9
> 	now?  We are aim for a release next week.

I've been using it on my laptop both as a secondary authoritative
server and as a caching server.  It has been working fine over 24
hours including IPv6 transport for zone transfer and recursive query
operation.

I've also checked packet dump from the server and have not seen any
strange behavior like query flooding.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.