restructuring/redesigning BIND (was Re: 9.2.5 db causes high cpu?)

Chan Wilson cwilson at sgi.com
Tue Feb 22 21:34:19 UTC 2005

On  0, Paul Vixie <paul at vix.com> inscribed onto the electric medium...

> named in BIND9 starts up pretty quick, if you mean "starts to read its
> zone files", or even "starts to answer queries" if you don't have a lot
> of zone-data to read in.

Well.... yeah, ok.  But I still think it takes too long to load zone
files and answer queries.  The fact that named blocks completely until
all zones are loaded is annoying.

> now that the apache2 people have done the hard work of figuring out now
> to do "DSO"'s on many different systems, i am ready to agree with you
> for things like DLZ.  "define a plug-in architecture" was on the roadmap
> draft i last saw.

Neat.  Is that on the ISC site somewhere? :-o ;-)

cheers,

--Chan

--

 Chan Wilson :: cwilson at sgi.com :: 715/726-7661 :: SGI Enterprise Net Services

 People don't ask for facts in making up their minds.  They would rather have
 one good soul-satisfying emotion than a dozen facts.               --Leavitt