restructuring/redesigning BIND (was Re: 9.2.5 db causes high cpu?)

Michael van Elst mlelstv at serpens.de
Tue Feb 22 22:55:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:21:42PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

> yes, it is.  maybe you can help me understand the alternatives better?  when
> we get a query for a zone we havn't loaded yet, should we answer SERVFAIL or
> should we just silently drop the query?

Do as you do now. When the zone isn't loaded yet then drop the query.

The new behaviour will then be to answer queries for zones already
loaded instead of waiting for all zones to finish loading. People
can order the zones in the config file to get "important" zones
loaded first.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv at serpens.de