inline or attachments?

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Mon Mar 14 22:32:58 UTC 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
> > Danny Mayer wrote:

> > a  >> bunch of
> > latest  >> compilers
> > was  >> sent to
> > days?) and am >> wondering what the best way to pass them on would
> > be. >>
> > >

> > > Rick, you should know that all bug reports like these should go to
> > > bind9-bugs at isc.org. You can post them to bind-workers but it's not
> > > a bug reporting list.
> >
> > It wasn't clear to me that +w1 (HP-UX ANSI C equivalent to gcc
> > -Wall) warning s
> > were necessarily bugs, but if that is the concensus I can send them
> that way.
>
>     We try hard to remove the warnings as often are real bugs or
>     the noise hides real bugs.  Most platforms are (almost) warning
>     free these days.
>
>     The hardest ones to remove are those that are the result of
>     errors in system header files.
>
>     Mark

I agree with that. I spent a lot of time going over even warnings
to decide whether or not there could be potential errors in the code.
Then you have to make a decision on how to eliminate the warning
message.
It's a slow and tedious business but it's necessary if you want reliable
code and it makes other errors very visible.

I'm doing the same thing with NTP.

Danny