Advisory Notice for Bind Default Configuration and Reflector Attacks

Gregory Neil Shapiro gshapiro at gshapiro.net
Fri Mar 24 06:44:35 UTC 2006

> you should be able to work around it by adding a stub zone for internic.net.

True, I can do it for the CNAMES I know about in my own master zones but
I'd hate to have to start regularly reading the many zones I secondary
for new CNAME's added on the primary and add stub zones on my servers to
keep them functioning.  That won't scale very well.  I also have to
worry what happens on the people who secondary for me.