Lib/OS Issue

Blair Copeland copeland at unt.edu
Fri Sep 8 20:44:35 UTC 2006

I have two different servers running two different versions of the BIND 9
software and the newest code using the newest library seems to have an
issue.  When the server is first started, the first request will
sometime take almost 5000 msecs to get a response.  On the older server
and library, the response times consistent and under 1600 msecs at worst.

I realize that subsequent requests are cached, however since there might
be an issue, I wanted to make sure I reported it since I can duplicate
the issue reliably.

The Older Servers: