Will named get capability to dynamically update forwarders?

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 13:17:53 UTC 2007

Hi all,

recently I've started discussion on fedora-devel list
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-December/msg00146.html)
about issue with dynamic forwarders. We built named with D-Bus patches
(in contrib subdirectory) in Red Hat but now when dhcdbd daemon was
removed those patches are unusable. From discussion it looks for me
that dynamically changed forwarders will be very usefull especially
when We talk about DNSSEC or caching nameservers on laptops. I'm not
sure what is best and general approach but use rndc utility looks like
best for me. What's your opinion?

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.