Platform-dependent configure templates

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 09:44:20 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm going to ship Red Hat's BIND with DLZ drivers enabled by default.
But DLZ's config.dlz.in is designed only for 32bit machines and doesn't
works on 64bits (because they use lib64 instead lib as libdir). I've
attached temporaly hack how I solve this problem. Also main configure.in
has same faults (hard-coded lib as libdir). I think it's time to replace
all statements like

AC_ARG_WITH([..], [--with-some-path=PATH], ...)
includes=${path}/include
libs=${path}/lib

with $includedir and $libdir macros (whose are far more
system-independent than current solution). What's your opinion?

Adam