Automatized BIND building

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 17:42:23 UTC 2007

Adam Tkac napsal(a):
> Looks nobody has argument why not try this change. It would be nice
> have this implemented in final 9.5 release. But I can't find BIND
> development plan. I'm not sure if it is possible write and test lines
> and lines of Makefiles.
Hi,

I've started doing on this stuff. I've created example how all could
look like. You could see
http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/makefiles.tar which contains
Makefiles for libisc library. Configure script under progress is on
http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/configure.ac .

Note - of course, all is under development so it's impossible compile
anything.

This is only like sample how could final BIND 9.5 looks like (I don't
want spend many devel-nights and in the end get answer like "We don't
need changes like that" :) ). Also I have big reservations about
intelligence in configure script. I think we could give options how
change all possible. But not try determine if some system has something
in /usr/asdf instead in /usr. What's your opinion?

Regards, Adam