DNS cache issue

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 22 17:46:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Adam Tkac wrote:

> > atkac at redhat.com:
> > > Of course, EDNS is enabled by default
> >
> > I see a contradiction here. If it's enabled by default in the Red Hat
> > version, there shouldn't have to be a "MUST add" to enable it.
> >
> > So, which way is it? :-)
>
> If you don't specify edns option at all you have EDNS enabled. If you
> specify "edns yes;" you have same behavior but your named.conf is
> longer :)

I ran into issues where named told me "too many EDNS failures, disabling".
Then I started looking around and found the edns option. I set it to
yes, and the errors disappeared.

I guess it might have been something else, if edns is enabled by default?

Also, I am still curious why you turned this into an option. Is there
any experience you had where you needed to disable edns?

Paul