Option to turn off EDNS globally?

Dario Aguilar daguilar at arnet.com.ar
Thu Sep 20 13:04:19 UTC 2007

Mark,
          I understand your point, but in most of cases this middleware is a
remote firewall or dns server configuration. Can we make Bind to not use
ENDS by default and only use it when it receives a truncated (UDP) response
to a non-EDNS0 query before trying a standard TCP query or in configurations
with DNSSEC? Nominum CNS is doing this, and efectivelly improve the
performance with authoritative server that don´t support EDNS.

kind regards,

Dario.