ISC launches new website and mailing list manager

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Nov 15 01:09:42 UTC 2008

Very nice, I am also cc'ing webmaster@ as per the email.

I think it is a nice redo, very well done.  One place I personally
spend a lot of time, is the docs, trying to avoid having to ask
questions here on the list and wasting others time.

A quick google search:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=isc.org+documentation&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

That does not exactly bring me to something that is all that helpful.
Doing a local search within the site for 'documentation', brings up a
few pages, and ultimately, unless I am doing something wrong, I end up
at a pdf, which I feel is a bad way to present documentation, as it is
not well indexed by search engines.

At any rate, I wanted to share some comments, but all in all, it looks
nice, I would love to see a prominent link to docs, unless I am blind
right now, at which point you can tar and feather me now :)

Docs are important, maybe the most, as it removes a lot of burden from
the mail list, and website, from people who can answer their own
questions, and in turn, learn as they go, which tends to work better
than someone telling them the answer and having less retention on the
solution.

Thanks again for all your hard work on such a important tool to all.

--
Scott