ISC libbind 6.0

Evan Hunt Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Mon May 4 16:17:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

It's come to our attention that when libbind 6.0 was released, a little
over a month ago, something went wrong with the mail announcing it and it
never got outside ISC.  My apologies for not noticing the error sooner,
and here's the mail again:

                ISC libbind 6.0 is now available.

ISC's libbind provides the standard UNIX resolver library, along with
header files and documentation.  Originally written for BIND 8, it was
included in BIND 9 as optionally-compiled code through release 9.5.  It
has been removed from subsequent releases of BIND 9, and is now provided
as a separate package.

ISC libbind 6.0 can be downloaded from

        ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/libbind/6.0/libbind-6.0.tar.gz

The PGP signature of the distribution is at

        ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/libbind/6.0/libbind-6.0.tar.gz.asc
        ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/libbind/6.0/libbind-6.0.tar.gz.sha256.asc
        ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/libbind/6.0/libbind-6.0.tar.gz.sha512.asc

The signature was generated with the ISC public key, which is available at:

        https://www.isc.org/about/openpgp

Changes since 6.0b1: None.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.