patches to make bind9 with TKEY/GSS updates easier to configure

Shane Kerr shane at isc.org
Thu Dec 2 19:51:10 UTC 2010

Michael,

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 12:14 -0600, Michael Graff wrote:
> On 12/2/10 6:38 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:
>
> > it being 2010, i'm interested but would prefer a jabber chat room?
>
> The IRC channel has about 60 people in it right now.  It's where people
> seem to go for help with BIND as well as samba+bind related discussions.
>
> So, while I don't like IRC much either, I don't think our preferences
> are going to affect change here.
>
> So, when in Rome...

Speaking of Rome, at the recent RIPE 61 meeting in Rome they dropped
Jabber support and left only IRC.

They had been using a gateway between Jabber and IRC, which caused the
predicted problems. Since they had a lot more IRC users than Jabber
users, they went with the one that people preferred.

Just a data point. :)

--
Shane