RFC: Comprehensive MaxMind support in BIND

Ken Brownfield kb+bind at slide.com
Fri Jan 8 00:40:21 UTC 2010

The patch described below is now available on Google Code with basic information and documentation:

	http://code.google.com/p/bind-geoip/

We're open to comments and feature requests (perhaps someone can think of a use for the Accuracy Radius database? :)

I do think this is a very useful and widely applicable patch, especially as more sites go global.

I'd like to solicit comments on whether this patch would be appropriate either as a contrib or integrated into the BIND distribution.  I'd be willing to do any cleanup work deemed necessary for either option.

Thanks,
--
Ken