patches to make bind9 with TKEY/GSS updates easier to configure

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Nov 30 13:09:55 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

I've put my first set of patches against 9.7.2-P2 here:

  http://samba.org/tridge/bind9-patches/

They are also in git here:

  http://git.samba.org/?p=tridge/bind9.git;a=summary
  git://git.samba.org/tridge/bind9.git

The patches implement the tkey-gssapi-keytab option. When
tkey-gssapi-keytab is set, then you don't need to set
tkey-gssapi-credential or tkey-domain, and named will accept any
principal in the specified keytab.

If you don't specify a tkey-gssapi-keytab then the previous behaviour
will be kept, and you will need both tkey-gssapi-credential and
tkey-domain for TSIG-GSS to work.

There is also a patch to disable the GSS_C_DELEG_FLAG flag to
gss_init_sec_context() which causes problems unless you specifically
ask for a non-forwadable ticket at kinit time (I'll leave it up to
Andrew and Love to explain the details of that one if you want more
info).

I've also added docs, and a simple tsiggss testsuite. The testsuite
uses prebuilt credential cache files to avoid the need for a KDC to be
running during the test. I've setup the ccache files to have a very
long lifetime, expiring in April 2036, which I hope is long enough for
bind9 testing. I tried for 100 years, but was bitten by the 32 bit
time_t problem.

There is one problem I haven't solved yet. The test triggers a assert
in named if I leave in the "-T clienttest" option in start.pl. I'm
guessing this is some kind of memory tracer?

   01-Dec-2010 00:05:24.681 mem.c:1074: INSIST((((ctx->debuglist[i]).head == ((void *)0)) ? isc_boolean_true : isc_boolean_false)) failed, back trace

valgrind doesn't show any problems, but perhaps I've leaked some
memory somewhere?

If you have any suggestions on finding this bug that would be
appreciated.

Cheers, Tridge