dlz_setclientcallback() for DLZ dlopen() in [was: BIND 9.9.0a3 is now available]

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:14:09 UTC 2011

Michael,

> 3164.   [func]   Enable DLZ modules to retrieve client information,
>             so that responses can be changed depending on the
>             source address of the query. [RT #25768]

Apologies, but I can't find what has changed except for a description in
contrib/dlz/example/dlz_minimal.h, where it says:

        /*
         * dlz_setclientcallback() is optional, but must be supplied if you want
         * to retrieve information about the client before sending a reply.
         */
        isc_result_t
        dlz_setclientcallback(dns_dlzclientcallback_t callback);

I'm probably just getting old and rusty, but adding a call to
dlz_setclientcallback() in dlz_create()  in
`contrib/dlz/example/dlz_example.c' results in

        cc -fPIC -g -shared -o dlz_example.so dlz_example.o
        Undefined symbols:
          "_dlz_setclientcallback", referenced from:
              _dlz_create in dlz_example.o
        ld: symbol(s) not found
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Nowhere in the 9.9.0a3 distribution can I find a definition for
dlz_setclientcallback().  Have I misunderstood the feature, and/or can
you provide an example? I'm interested in using this for the dlopen()
driver.

Thank you & regards,

        -JP