proposed new command line option for dnssec-signzone

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Mon Sep 23 16:24:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:18:43PM +0200, Pierre Beyssac wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to this list.
>
> The following patch went unnoticed in the bind-users list, so after
> failing to find a public bugzilla or equivalent for feature requests,
> I figured I would try to subscribe here and send the patch again...

Hi Pierre,

It wasn't unnoticed, just unanswered, and I apologize.  I haven't
had cycles to consider this yet.

Incidentally, a good place to submit patches is actually
bind-suggest at isc.org -- that goes into our ticketing system so
we don't have rely on our faulty human brains to remember it.
The bind-workers list is a good place to discuss them with the
community, though.

The first thought I had was to wonder whether we should add a
new option or merely extend the -R option to do what you're asking.
Are there circumstances when you'd need the current -R behavior but
would *not* want the behavior that you're proposing for -1?

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.