EDNS-CLIENT-SUBNET support

Tom Sawyer tomsawyer126 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 02:57:05 UTC 2014

Hi, Evan and all.

I have did some trick to modify the current rbtdb cache database to support
client-subnet, but it's unstable. Because I haven't familiar with all of
BIND features and how it does , so frequently I will ignore some case which
will finally cause big problem. So ,I suppose I stuck into a infinite
bugfix loop.

My idea is simple, base on the current rbtdb whose node has a data pointer
directly point to rdatasetheader_t , I want to make the data pointer point
to a isc_radix_tree and for each radix_node indicating a client-subnet has
a pointer points to  rdatasetheader_t. Then ,when a request is received and
recursive query is required , we try to parse the edns-client-subnet option
and use it as a parameter when create new fetchctx. Is this a possible
solution?

If not, please show me why there's a must of rewriting the cache database,
and do you have any ideas how it will looks like , I have huge interest of
try to implement it, thank you.

--
Best Regards.
Tom Sawyer.