rndc changezone

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Jul 8 18:16:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 06:53:34PM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> I try to implement a "rndc changezone" which allows me to change the
> config of a zone which was added with "rndc addzone".

Cool!  I had actually started work on "rndc editzone" myself, but hadn't
gotten far yet.  If you'd be willing to contribute your patch, I'd love to
see it.

> I greped the code for "delzone" and "addzone" and added my code to the
> same places. rndc accepts the new option but bind named refuses the
> command with:
>   named[13052]: unknown option 'changezone'
>
> I suspect there may be some sort of dictionary somewhere, where the
> whole arguments are parsed (all parameters after "rndc") - but I fail to
> find it. Any hints are appreciated.

The commands themselves are checked in ns_control_docommand() in
bin/named/control.c, and the functions that implement the commands are
mostly implemented in bin/named/server.c.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.