Response to client logging

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jun 3 08:32:19 UTC 2014

Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> The answer is yes, I had a look at it and I have found all that the
> info I needed, except 1: the size of the packet. Any clue?

client->message is the internal form of the response. This gets turned
into wire format by a series of calls to various dns_message_render
functions. The message is rendered into a buffer which keeps track of the
size. See the calls to isc_buffer_usedregion() in client_send() and
client_sendpkg().

Tony.
Viking: Southeasterly 4 or 5, occasionally 3 in northeast. Slight or moderate.
Mainly fair. Moderate or good.