Response to client logging

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jun 3 16:12:41 UTC 2014

Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I have around client.c:1138 is that client->message->buffer ==
> 0x0. What does it mean?

I think that buffer is used when receiving a DNS message. The response
sending code uses a local buffer not one attached to the message object.
See client_allocsendbuf().

If you look at lines 1112 - 1118 you'll see the buffer containing the
rendered message passed to client_sendpkg(), and in the TCP case the
length of the response is inserted at the start.

Tony.
Forties: Southeast 4 or 5. Slight or moderate. Rain or showers. Good,
occasionally poor.