Validating zones as a slave?

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Sep 16 15:18:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 01:15:52PM +0200, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:
> > (It has other benefits as well; you don't get spurious AA bits
> > in your client responses.)
>
> Why are AA bits in client responses a negative thing?

In fact, Tony correctly interpreted my dumbness: I remembered
previously discussing the the AD flag in this context, and my
brain overoptimized the expansion of "A*". I should hire him
to follow me around and tell people what I meant to say.

AA=1 *is* wrong, but I'm not aware of any clients that would
be harmed by that.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.