Amend named.conf

Josef Moellers jmoellers at suse.de
Thu Oct 29 10:09:13 UTC 2020

On 29.10.20 11:00, Tony Finch wrote:
> Josef Moellers <jmoellers at suse.de> wrote:
>>
>> Strangely enough the "BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual" has this:
>> "(or files if a valid glob expression is detected" (Section 4.2.6).
>
> Whoops! Thanks for the correction :-)

Yes, but it dowsn't work!
I've implemented globbing (and single-level subdirectories *) and it
works OK. All I need to know is if I can use "glob()" (which is in
POSIX), as asked in a mail I sent out this morning.

* With this I mean that the code I now have does this:
1) glob() the argument of "include"
2) for each entry in the resulting list:
2.1) if it is a file, source that file
2.2) if it is a directory, step through that directory and source ONLY
THE PLAIN FILES THERE, ie do not recurse into subdirectories.

Background is that we ship an /etc/named.conf file and I would like this
to not be modified but stuff (eg a plugin spec) to be added to a
subdirectory. So I'd just add
include "named.d/*";
the named.conf and be done with it.

Josef