ISC BIND TKEY Query Out-Of-Bounds Read Information Disclosure Vulnerability

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 21:01:40 UTC 2021

TKEY queries are sent during kerberos authenticated updates. They should
be used, when update using nsupdate -g is used. It is not easy to debug
failures in those, but nsupdate -g -d -D might help.

I have received this issue bug too, without any obvious link to CVE
number assigned. It would be nice if ISC could confirm this is about the
same issue as mentioned CVE, just reported from different party. It just
claims it was fixed in 9.16.15, from where I guessed it should be this
change.

Guessing is not comfortable way to fix security vulnerabilities though.
*CVSS Score *is different. Could it be original report, which was proved
to be worse later? Is it irelevant since original code containing that
issue is no longer shipped?
**

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB