[bind10-dev] BIND 10 development objectives, 2010-W06

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Mon Feb 8 19:39:10 UTC 2010

At Mon, 08 Feb 2010 10:15:39 +0100,
Shane Kerr <shane at isc.org> wrote:

>      4. Jinmei is going to be finishing the DNS Message API work
>         necessary for Y1, hopefully.

I'm afraid it's too ambitious, assuming it includes more detailed unit
test cases and some level of documentation.  We also still miss EDNS0
support, which requires some more development time.  A more realistic
goal would be:

- finishing the rdata and rrset classes this week
- finishing the message class next week
- adding EDNS0 support in the following week

A good news is that we already have functioning prototype version for
most of these, so, hopefully assuming the final API won't be different
very much we can parallelize the API development and application
development that needs the API.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya