[bind10-dev] use of installed headers versus headers from tree; naming of include headers

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Tue Feb 23 21:04:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Jelte Jansen wrote:

> err, am i missing something or are these proposals contradictory?

Yes. Different ideas.

> another option could be to remove src altogether and replace that one by
> the language;
> <base>/cpp/bind10/cc/data.h
> <base>/cpp/bind10/cc/data.cc
> <base>/python/isc/cc/session.py

That python example would be useful in the case where we have two
different "isc" modules and want to run the python tests or code from
the source directory. (Problem is only one "isc" is used so don't get
the sub modules. My workaround for the python tests in my new
experiments/jreed-layout branch is to install first and then set
PYTHONPATH to that installed modules.)