[bind10-dev] shutdown of boss and msgq dieing

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Tue Feb 23 21:19:00 UTC 2010

I had bind10 running.

I ran the test script: src/bin/stats/test/shutdown.py

My bind10 process logged:

[XX] Boss got command:
shutdown

Later I tried it again:

Server started.
[XX] Boss got command:
shutdown
[XX] check for command
Process msgq (PID 20950) died.
The msgq process died, shutting down.
Stopping the server.
Sending SIGTERM to b10-cmdctl (PID 12707).
Sending SIGTERM to b10-auth (PID 11356).
Sending SIGTERM to b10-cfgmgr (PID 14943).
Process b10-cmdctl (PID 12707) died.
All processes ended, server done.

I can't reproduce. shutdown doesn't work for me again. How to do a
shutdown? (Please see test script above.)

Now looking at this again I see above doesn't show the shutdown causing
the shutdown, but actually msgq died. I have had msgq die a few times
today. I don't know what is causing it.