[bind10-dev] RRsets and polymorphism

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Fri Feb 26 08:09:00 UTC 2010

At Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:40:02 +0000,
Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> wrote:

> My question:  Do we need polymorphism with respect to RRsets?  I'm not
> seeing an obvious use case for it at the moment.

As documented, my intent is to use RRset as a customization point for
higher performance implementation.  You might remember I showed how we
could use a customized "pre compiled" RRset for authors.bind for
excellent performance (it was 20 times higher than the naive
construct-from-text-to-render-all-rdata-one-by-one version).  I hope
we'll be able to do a similar optimization for more realistic cases,
such as non dynamic authoritative zones.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya