[bind10-dev] RRsets and polymorphism

Michael Graff mgraff at isc.org
Fri Feb 26 16:45:12 UTC 2010

On 2/26/10 2:09 AM, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> At Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:40:02 +0000,
> Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> wrote:
>
>> My question:  Do we need polymorphism with respect to RRsets?  I'm not
>> seeing an obvious use case for it at the moment.
>
> As documented, my intent is to use RRset as a customization point for
> higher performance implementation.

Code for today and the near future, not next year, IMHO.

I believe introducing this code complexity at this point in the
development causes more confusion and issues than it solves.  For one,
perhaps this is where we want to do this optimization, but perhaps it is
not.  Your code is therefore a premature optimization.

--Michael