[bind10-dev] Minor change to Python style guidelines

Shane Kerr shane at isc.org
Tue Jun 1 02:49:31 UTC 2010

All,

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 14:17 +0800, Shane Kerr wrote:
> Our "official" Python style guidelines are basically just to use the
> Python style guidelines:
>
> https://bind10.isc.org/wiki/CodingGuidelines
>
> Jelte suggested that it might be nice to put the __init__() function as
> the first method in a class. I didn't see anything in the Python style
> about this, but I am not opposed to it.
>
> Shall I add this as an extra guideline to our Python style?

I just updated the page. Only after I hit "save" did I remember that it
was a public holiday in the USA yesterday and probably nobody saw my
original post yet. Whoops!

Oh well, hopefully this is not a controversial rule. If anyone thinks
this is problematic, just bring it up on the list and we can remove it
or adjust it.

--
Shane