[bind10-dev] python unittests code coverage

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Fri Jun 11 15:52:50 UTC 2010

This is a report I generated using makefiles to run the tests with
"coverage". I did skip src/lib/python/isc/cc/tests/test.py due to:

File "/usr/pkg/lib/python3.1/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
    return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position
2386: ordinal not in range(128)

http://bind10.isc.org/~jreed/python-coverage/

You can see some has very low unittest coverage.

The automated report is at
http://bind10.isc.org/~tester/LATEST_PYTHON_UNITTEST_COVERAGE/
(but that runs a script which is not maintained often and is not in sync
what is in trunk.)

I used:
Coverage.py, version 3.2.  http://nedbatchelder.com/code/coverage

(Jinmei: what did you use for
http://bind10.isc.org/~jinmei/coverage_dir/xfrin.html  -- gone now -- I
was going to try that software too to compare.)

The following is code that appears to not have any unittests for them
(ignoring bin/stats).

src/bin/bindctl/mycollections.py
src/bin/bindctl/bindctl-source.py
src/bin/cfgmgr/b10-cfgmgr.py
src/bin/loadzone/__init__.py
src/bin/loadzone/b10-loadzone.py
src/bin/usermgr/b10-cmdctl-usermgr.py
src/lib/dns/gen-rdatacode.py   -- maybe this doesn't need coverage
src/lib/dns/message_test.py  -- maybe should be in tests directory?
src/lib/python/isc/Util/__init__.py
src/lib/python/isc/Util/hexdump.py