[bind10-dev] libdns to libdns++

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Tue Jun 15 01:52:05 UTC 2010

(see http://bind10.isc.org/ticket/190 for some background information)

I propose we change our DNS library name from libdns to libdns++.

The main reason is that "libdns" is simply confusing as we also have
exactly the same name of library in BIND 9.

Renaming this would also reduce the risk of confusing the linker if
the system installs BIND 9's libdns in some well known library path
(which was the main issue of trac ticket #190), but it's a secondary
(good) side effect of renaming.

It should be a straightforward change, but since it will affect many
other components of BIND 10, I'm confirming the intent more
explicitly.  If someone sees a substantial problem in this idea that I
may be simply missing, please point it out.

Thanks,

---
JINMEI, Tatuya