[bind10-dev] how to make and browse html docs using doxygen

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Fri Jun 18 21:52:44 UTC 2010

In a code review discussion, Evan asked:

>> - Also, I suggest you actually convert the doxygen markups into
>> - HTML files and browse the results.

> (General question to anyone reading: How do you do this? I really
> have no idea.)
(https://bind10.isc.org/ticket/192#comment:8)

In our specific case of BIND 10 C++ sources with doxygen marks, it
should be easy:

- install doxygen (I guess many OSes have a handy package version of
  doxygen if not already installed.  I use macport version of it)
- add the necessary directory (if not yet) to the INPUTTAG of
  doc/Doxyfile:

# The INPUT tag can be used to specify the files and/or directories that contain
# documented source files. You may enter file names like "myfile.cpp" or
# directories like "/usr/src/myproject". Separate the files or directories
# with spaces.

INPUT                  = ../src/lib/cc ../src/lib/config ../src/lib/dns ../src/lib/exceptions

- run doxygen
  % cd doc
  % doxygen
- see the result by opening doc/html/cpp/index.html using your browser

---
JINMEI, Tatuya