[bind10-dev] a bikeshed style question: parenthesize return values?

Jelte Jansen jelte at isc.org
Wed Jun 23 21:07:33 UTC 2010

If I had noticed back then I'd have been against it :) It's only mentioned
briefly in the topic of spaces, and I don't think a lot of people ever even
considered used them by default.

But now I don't care, haven't used parentheses anywhere so far though (unless it
was to avoid possible confusion), but I'm not opposed to changing that behaviour.

Jelte

On 06/23/2010 09:34 PM, Michael Graff wrote:
> Not everything we have differing opinions on is a bikeshed.
>
> That said, I thought we all decided some time ago to use the bind 9
> style. This is just revisiting that decision and from what I see
> reafirms the bind 9 style.
>
> We did change a very few things though but parens wasn't one of them.
>
> --Michael
>

> On Jun 23, 2010, at 11:52 AM, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <jinmei at isc.org>
> wrote:
>
>> At Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:37:10 -0700,
>> JINMEI Tatuya <jinmei at isc.org> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a very minor issue, but as a big fan of consistency I'd like to
>>> make it consistent in BIND 10 especially if it's a matter of
>>> preference.  It looks like it's (almost) only me who follows the BIND
>>> 9 style, and if so, I'm happy to switch to the "don't parenthesize"