[bind10-dev] (was: failed build)

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Tue Jun 29 16:55:39 UTC 2010

At Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:33:57 +0200,
Jelte Jansen <jelte at isc.org> wrote:

> But, and especially regarding the segfault you saw, perhaps we need another way
> to replace a class for this specific test (or revert to linking to only data.o)

I guess we should avoid defining the same name of class for different
implementations (isc::cc::Session in src/lib/cc/session.h and
src/lib/config/tests/fake_session.h) anyway (even if we could resolve
the build problem by tweaking link parameters).  A cleaner way would
be introduce an abstract base class for isc::cc:Session and have
applications use the base class instead of the concrete Session
class.  This way test modules can define and use their own mock
session class in a transparent way.  I'm currently doing it for trac
#221 (which has not been committed to the branch).

---
JINMEI, Tatuya