[bind10-dev] Zone configuration Re: ddns

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Fri Dec 2 07:40:42 UTC 2011

Hello

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 06:05:26PM +0100, Jelte Jansen wrote:
> The latter would fit in more nicely with the extensibility (i hope
> someone will someday write some module which does something with zones
> that we didn't think of). But yes, it does mean that 'zone' info is
> scattered all over the place. Currently it's even more scattered about
> than necessary because of the IMO unnecessary zonemgr module, but that
> is a different discussion :)

I don't think having zones together would prevent modularity. Yes, our spec
files don't handle it (yet), but it would be possible to say:
• Put these options to the DDNS module.
• Put these options into the zone module under this name.

I'm not sure how admins think about their masters, zones, etc, but I believe
they are more data oriented than which-part-of-server-is-handled-where oriented.

With regards

--
do { goto Water; } while( !tryBreakOffTheHandle() );

Michal 'vorner' Vaner