[bind10-dev] review inactive tasks

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Tue Dec 6 07:45:06 UTC 2011

I suggest we review tasks that haven't been active for a while and
figure out why:
- whether it's assigned to someone who is actually too busy to handle
  => then we should reassign it someone else
- whether the task is too difficult/big => we should break it down
  into smaller subtasks
- whether it requires some deeper knowledge of the system but happened
  to be assigned to relatively new developer => maybe we should
  rearrange the assignment and also provide missing information
- etc

From a quick look at the current sprint page two tickets drew my
attention:
#1383: FORMERR log messages not logged (inactive for about a week)
#1386: fallback from EDNS to plain DNS (inactive for about 2 weeks)

I also wonder whether we really want to solve #1386 at a higher
priority, considering we are probably revisiting the schedule for the
resolver implementation.  If this task turned out to be difficult, I'd
suggest moving it to the backlog and focus on other higher tasks
instead.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya