[bind10-dev] proposed change for configuring sqlite3 DB in the "from build" mode

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Mon Jan 3 22:43:37 UTC 2011

Currently, when we run BIND10 on the build tree (via run_bind10.sh) we
use the hardcoded default value for sqlite3 DB
(${abs_top_srcdir}/bind10_zones.sqlite3).

I propose changing this convention to having the user (which would in
reality be a heavy developer) specify the path to the DB in the
configuration file explicitly (${abs_top_srcdir}/b10-config.db).

That way we can avoid the hardcoding and keep the code cleaner and
more understandable.  And whether or not we have this change, the user
(often) needs to do some set up manually anyway: for the hardcoded DB
path they need to create a valid DB on the specified path (unless they
don't need to use it).  So it wouldn't increase the set up overhead.
In any case, this is only for development environments; it doesn't
affect how the installed package works.

Based on a jabber chat it seems okay to make this change, and I
suspect not many of others wouldn't even care about this topic.  But
if someone has an objection please speak up.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya