[bind10-dev] A-team task for baseline measurement of in-memory data source

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Wed Jan 19 12:00:04 UTC 2011

Hello

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:39:25PM +0100, Shane Kerr wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 10:31 -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > A-team:
> >
> > See http://bind10.isc.org/ticket/508 for the baseline measurement of
> > in-memory data source.
>
> Is this on the same box as your previous BIND 9 benchmarking was done? I
> ask because I'm wondering how this compares to BIND 9's performance.

I already asked something similar in the jabber room. We are apporximately 2-3
times slower than bind9, which is not too bad, as we did not really start
optimising anything, but it seems unsufficient for the Y2 goal.

I'm slightly sceptical about what we are able to do in the 3 months, but we will
see.

Have a nice day

--
grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner