[bind10-dev] snapshot release on Thursday

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Thu Jan 27 21:17:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, zhangcuiling wrote:

> Hi, Jeremy
>     I've just tried bind10-devel-20110120 and have some questions.
> ----
>     1  configure like this:
>     ./configure --prefix=/home/software/bind10-devel/20110120
>     and output when running sbin/b10-cmdctl-usermgr as follows:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./b10-cmdctl-usermgr", line 28, in <module>
>     import isc.util.process
> ImportError: No module named isc.util.process
>     after setting PYTHONPATH(/home/software/bind10-devel/20110120/lib/python3.1/site-packages/), it works.
>     i had thought it'll be done automatically before i found the output above.

Yes, I confirmed this problem. This is an easy fix.  I opened a new bug
for this. #544.

>     2 i load a zone with b10-loadzone, and find zone info in table
> zones and table records in database zone.sqlite3.
>     after i restart bind10, the data is still there. how could i
> unload a zone? besides deleting it from database.

For now, please use sqlite3 to manage the zone.

>     3 when using bindctl, after 'config go' a certain module, i can't
> list the modules loaded.
>     Can there be a 'config go ..' function? then i can use 'config
> show' to list them again.

I will discuss this later. (I am researching and also may open some bug
tickets.)

>     4 how to set the secondary servers of a zone?
>     /Xfrout> config show
>     no such parameters

For now, listed as NS records in the zone.

>     5 Chapter 6. Remote control daemon:
>     Configuration specification for b10-cmdctl
>     The control commands are: print_settings shutdown
>     'print_settings'? maybe a mistake

print_settings is a cmdctl command, for example:

> Cmdctl print_settings
{
    "accounts_file": "/home/reed/opt/bind10/etc/bind10-devel/cmdctl-accounts.csv",
    "cert_file": "/home/reed/opt/bind10/etc/bind10-devel/cmdctl-certfile.pem",
    "key_file": "/home/reed/opt/bind10/etc/bind10-devel/cmdctl-keyfile.pem"
}

This was a temporary troubleshooting method as the standard way is:

 config show Cmdctl

I believe we will remove that print_settings command. Also the docs
there were not completed. It will be removed from there too.

Thank you for using BIND 10 and sharing your feedback.

Jeremy C. Reed
BIND 10 Release Engineer