[bind10-dev] A-Team: Performance Tasks - Estimates

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Mon Jan 31 23:48:09 UTC 2011

At Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:59:40 +0100,
Michal 'vorner' Vaner <michal.vaner at nic.cz> wrote:

> > I have a fundamental question.  ALL CNNIC developers have left for
> > vacation, so there are effectively only two developers in the A team
> > right now.  Are we still going to do this game?
>
> I sent my estimates. It would be nice to have at last some check that I didn't
> come up with complete nonsense, so it would be nice to it, even if not that
> properly.

I've just submitted my estimates.  But I think whether the ideas make
sense or whether we should prioritize them are independent from "size"
estimation on specific task proposals (although the *result* of
estimation may affect prioritizing tasks).

As for whether the proposed changes make sense: I don't think any of
them is a "complete nonsense".  I'm not yet convinced that we need
these types of optimizations at this stage, though.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.