[bind10-dev] revised/refactored data source design proposal

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Thu Jun 2 08:58:26 UTC 2011

For the purpose of ticket #817 (http://bind10.isc.org/ticket/817),
I've researched into the current data source implementation of BIND 10
as well as other implementations that use database backends, and have
come up with a set of proposals.

I've dumped the idea to a wiki page:
http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/DataSourceDesign
(sorry it's quite long.  but if you trust me:-) you may only have to
read the itemized summary section, which is very short).

I realize #817 itself is not a main focus of the current release
cycle, so I don't think we start any related development work soon.
Hopefully we can discuss this in the mean time and start actual
development tasks in the next release cycle.  I also think it would be
nice if we can discuss this topic in the next biweekly call.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya