[bind10-dev] Agenda topics for call 2011-05-09

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Tue May 10 08:11:29 UTC 2011

At Mon, 09 May 2011 20:37:28 +0200,
Shane Kerr <shane at isc.org> wrote:

> I was at the RIPE meeting last week, so I admit I'm not really that sure
> what the "hot topics" in BIND 10 are right now. I'll try to catch up
> before the call, but if you have any topics you want to discuss please
> reply here or let me know directly.

some small things:
- introduction to some new test utilities so that others can benefit
  from them or avoid duplicate effort.  that would include:
  + util/unittests/testdata
  + util/unittests/textdata
  + util/unittests/newhook

  It may also be useful to inform everyone of existing tools (that
  don't seem to be commonly known) that may be helpful in writing
  tests:
  + testutils/dnsmessage_test
  + lib/dns/test/testdata/gen-wiredata.py

- what should we do with IntervalTimerTest.startIntervalTimer?  It
  keeps failing and making noise from buildbots. e.g.
  http://bind10.isc.org/~tester/builder//BIND10-distcheck/20110510000002-FreeBSD8-i386/logs/distcheck.out
  If it's really a false positive, we should write a gtest filter.  If
  it's a timing issue we should try to tweak test parameters.  If it's
  really a bug someone should address it.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya