[bind10-dev] ACL Syntax proposal

Shane Kerr shane at isc.org
Mon May 30 14:30:13 UTC 2011

Michal,

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 14:19 +0000, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
> I wrote a proposal how ACL syntax could look like. Could you please have a look
> at it and tell me if you think this would work, be friendly to users and usable?
> Or if you see some minor glitches or think it's completely wrong?
>
> It's located at „http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/AclSyntax“. The accompanying ticket
> is #767.

In general I think this is reasonable. It's a shame there is no industry
standard for this kind of stuff, but it appears every piece of software
rolls its own.

One thing that we may want to do is to make our ACL implementation as
re-usable as possible to help solve this problem. I guess I'm thinking
that this should be something we can separate and ship on its own, sort
of like the DNS library. I don't think that changes the syntax at all,
but is something to consider when we code it. :)

--
Shane