[bind10-dev] ACL Syntax proposal

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Mon May 30 15:45:05 UTC 2011

Hello

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 04:23:21PM +0200, Shane Kerr wrote:
> I like the "ACCEPT-IF" and "DENY-IF" keywords, but I am a little nervous
> about the "AND"/"OR"/"NOT" names as prefix operators.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but my brain tends to work infix (not enough time
> with a stack-based calculator or coding LISP perhaps). However, this can
> probably be overcome by changing the names to something that is
> naturally prefix:
>
> "AND" -> "ALL-OF"
> "OR"  -> "ANY-OF"
> "NOT" -> "NONE-OF"
>
> I realize the "NONE-OF" is not the same as "NOT"... perhaps "NOT" must
> stay?

Well, I must admit that the first version did have all and any, but it seemed
odd to me. It looks better with the OF, though, so I'm not against that.

I think there's not a problem with not, as that one is prefix one usually.

With regards

--
All flame and insults will go to /dev/null (if they fit)

Michal 'vorner' Vaner