[bind10-dev] DHCP code sharing in BIND 10

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Tue May 31 09:37:24 UTC 2011

Good morning

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 08:13:54PM +0200, Tomasz Mrugalski wrote:
> DHCP in BIND10 work is slowly getting started. It's a good time to think
> about workflow - how should DHCP work be organized to not interfere with
> BIND10 DNS. You can finid my initial proposal here:
>
> http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/DhcpWorkflow

Two short notes:
• Git should have no problems with merging code as far as the changes are in
  distinct areas. So, if there are not many changes in the core, it shouldn't be
  problematic. And, if we did go this way, maybe it would be better to have it
  the symmetric way, having both dns and dhcp branch and one master where both
  integrate?

  But I personally like having master as the newest code available,
  it speeds up development (I imagine one of the teams doing a bugfix for the
  core and the other waiting the needed time for it to get to the other team).
  After all, the review process should guarantee that the code compiles at last,
  so it wouldn't stop the other team from developing.
• With msgq, well, we hope it might get replaced soon.

With regards

--
This is a terroristic email. It will explode in 10 minutes,
if you do not close it in the meantime.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner