[bind10-dev] suggested team call agenda

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Tue Dec 11 08:52:25 UTC 2012

Hello

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:41:09PM -0800, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> - daily call time
>   I think we should change the time when a new team member joins at
>   least until he/she is sufficiently familiar with the project.
>   And IMO having multiple calls is not a good solution.

We tried multiple calls and it didn't really work I think.

On the other hand, I'd really hate to have the status call in the middle of the
night ‒ sometimes I have trouble sleeping these days and I'm glad for whatever
sleep I get :-|.

Did we think about the gliding time for the call? (Monday one time, Tuesday
another time, etc).

> - delayed buildbot reports
>   We've seen many buildbot failure reports that have been already
>   fixed.  I think we should somehow improve it; otherwise, it will
>   lead to the bad practice of ignoring errors (tbh I now tend to pay
>   less attention to the reports)

Hmm, I usually scan them in the morning, look at each of them with attitude
„I've seen this already, and this is not my code…“. We probably should eliminate
the number of unrelated/repeating reports.

Another topic ‒ short/implicit form of conversion to boolean is inconsistent in
our style. If this is allowed depends on the type of `pointer`:

  if (pointer) {

  }

If pointer is bare pointer, it is not allowed, if it is int, it is not allowed,
if it is smart pointer or other class, it is allowed.

With regards

--
Please stay calm. There is no use both of us being hysterical.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner