Slave zone transfer issues

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Wed Dec 7 15:54:28 UTC 2011

> Sorry about that. This inconvenience has been reported (multiple times) and is scheduled to be fixed on the current two week development sprint.
> Also do:

  > config set Zonemgr/secondary_zones[0]/class "IN"
  > config commit

Thanks. That fixed it. Looking again at the logs on the master, the zone transfer occurred immediately after committing the Zonemgr configuration without the need transfer manually.

To test the zone updating process, I used nsupdate on the master to add the record "bind10.jaspain.net. AAAA 2001:4870:20ca:158:14ff:7695:9632:e9ec". Although "also-notify { 2001:4870:20ca:158:14ff:7695:9632:e9ec; };" is configured for the jaspain.net zone, there is no indication that a zone transfer to the bind10 slave occurred after the update. A bind9.9.0b2 slave was updated properly. Is there something that I need to configure on bind10 to allow it to process notify messages?

Thanks. Jeff.