bind10 zone updates

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Tue Dec 13 14:36:47 UTC 2011

I would like to set up a bind10 server for use as a hidden master authoritative server. I understand from the Bind10 Guide that the b10-loadzone utility can be used to initially load a zone file.

I infer that b10-loadzone could be used to update a zone by modifying the zone file and reloading it, since this would replace all the previous data for the zone in the SQLite3 database.

My question is whether or not the bind9 nsupdate utility can be used to update a bind10 zone. For this to work, I assume that there would need to be some type of ACL configuration for the b10-auth module that is the equivalent of the bind9 "allow-update" and/or "update-policy". I further assume that there would need to be a way to secure the update queries with TSIG.

Does this functionality exist in bind10 at present, and if so, how is it configured?

Jeffry A. Spain
Network Administrator
Cincinnati Country Day School
6905 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243-2898, USA
Phone +1 (513) 979-0299; Fax +1 (513) 527-7632 (UTC-5)